Association representing the common interests of the electricity industry at pan-European level.
“Union of the Electricity Industry – EURELECTRIC” is the sector association which represents the electricity industry at pan-European level. EURELECTRIC seeks to contribute to the competitiveness of the electricity industry, to provide effective representation for the industry in public affairs, and to promote the role of electricity in the advancement of society.
EURELECTRIC is seeking an: Distribution Networks Senior Advisor (ref. DSOA-1707) to be based at its Brussels’ office.
- Monitor and analyse legislative and policy developments in EU energy policy in the field of distribution networks and analyse their implications for the Electricity Industry;
- Conduct analysis of relevant activities in the electricity industry, with special respect to the interaction between distribution and transmission system operators;
- Organise, coordinate, and actively participate in various members’ working group meetings on different aspects of distribution issues;
- Contribute to the work on policy analysis and to the drafting of distribution-related reports;
- In close cooperation with its Committee chairman and distribution networks team colleagues, advise on the Committee’s agenda and ensure external representation towards the European Institutions and other industry organisations as needed.
Requirements and competencies:
- An appropriate university degree (energy policy, economics, engineering, political science, law);
- Keen interest in the electricity sector in general and in distribution networks in particular;
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with energy policy legislation and regulatory processes;
- Good understanding of EU institutions and policy-making processes;
- Strong analytical, organisational and communication skills;
- Fluency in English and another European language;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- Ability to learn fast and adapt to a variety of tasks;
- Interest in working in a fast moving international environment.
Please quote “DSOA-1707” when submitting your application (CV and motivation letter) by 15 August 2017 latest to: