Website European Chemical Regions Network (ECRN)
ECRN is an acknowledged European stakeholder representing the interests of chemical regions.
The European Chemical Regions Network (ECRN) e.V. is looking for an enthusiastic candidate as an intern to the ECRN Secretariat in Brussels for 6 months, starting in September 2017.
ECRN is an acknowledged European stakeholder representing the interests of chemical regions. The network was founded in 2006 and it is an association registered under German law. We bring together regions from Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Poland, the Netherlands and UK. The ECRN Secretariat is a small team based in Brussels that coordinates the activities of the network, provides technical and administrative support to the bodies of the association, and acts as a contact point for other institutions, organisations and partners.
ECRN seeks to enhance the competitiveness of European chemical regions by facilitating cooperation among its members and with other stakeholders, and serving as a platform for exchange of experiences. We represent regional public authorities. We also work together with other chemical stakeholders, chemical associations, the chemical industry, and the EU institutions. For more information, please visit www.ecrn.net.
Tasks of the Intern:
- Contributing to the organisation of ECRN events and meetings, including agenda setting, communication with participants and partners, preparation of materials
- Monitoring and analysing news on relevant EU policy developments, national and regional issues and other initiatives that are of interest to the chemical regions
- Compiling content and updates on EU policy developments and regional news for the ECRN’s communications channels (social media, website and newsletter);
- Preparing internal and external publications and assisting in other communication activities (e.g. newsletters, memos and minutes, reports, ECRN website)
- Managing contact directories and updating databases, researching on possible new contacts relevant to the network and its activities
- Participating in conferences, seminars and workshops related to ECRN interests
- Conducting research on a topic relevant to the ongoing work performed by the Secretariat (possibility for carrying out a broader project/study, topic depends on the profile of the selected candidate)
- Undertaking other administrative tasks and assignments as required
Profile and qualifications:
- University studies in political science, EU studies, business/administration, international relations, social sciences, or related fields (preferably in the final stages of studies or a recent graduate).
- Possibly some work experience in public institutions on European, national or regional level.
- Knowledge of and strong interest in EU affairs and functioning of the European Union. Knowledge in the field of interregional/cross-border cooperation is an asset.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, ability to synthesize information and communicate concisely, good analytical and drafting skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications. Affinity to social media tools is a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and to contribute proactively to the operations of a small team.
- Proven capacity to work in an international and multilingual environment.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken). Additional language skills (especially the languages spoken in ECRN member regions) are an advantage.
Terms of employment
The position is an internship on a full-time basis for 6 months, starting in September 2017. This is a paid internship with provided monthly travel pass within Brussels (STIB).
From your arrival onwards, you will be considered as full team member.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Ms. Neli Georgieva at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 August 2017, mentioning “ECRN Internship” in the subject of your e-mail.
In your cover letter, please:
- explain, with examples from your studies and professional experience, how your skills and knowledge correspond to the tasks outlined above, and how you see your contribution to the activities of the network; mention your expectations for the traineeship
- give a suggestion of an activity that could enhance the cooperation among partners of a network like ECRN
Interviews will take place shortly after the deadline, in our Brussels office or via Skype.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information about ECRN or this position, please contact the ECRN Secretariat