Deadline for application 31 July 2017 23h59m (CET)
The European Youth Forum AISBL (YFJ) is the Brussels-based platform of youth organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents 104 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The European Youth Forum AISBL (YFJ) is now looking for a new Events & Communications Director. The Director is part of the senior management team and reports to the Youth Forum Secretary General.
This is a newly created position in view of aligning our communication and events activities better with our strategic objectives and improving the management of our communications and events teams.
The new director plays an integral role in the development of the Youth Forum’s Communications and Events strategy and will have overall responsibility for executing this plan. The Director supervises and oversees the work of the communications and events officers and carries out the work in close cooperation with all other departments within Youth Forum. The Communications and Events director reports to, and supports the Secretary General in the management of the organisation.
- Leads and manages the Events and Communications Department;
- Develops YFJ’s Communications and Events strategy and oversees its implementation;
- Promotes YFJ’s identity and reputation and delivers relevant public affairs activities;
- Ensures a holistic, consistent and coherent use of YFJ’s Communications & Events materials, tools, methods, processes and policies;
- Engages with colleagues from across the organization to agree outcomes, objectives and key messages from activities, projects and events;
- Manages the work of the Communication and Events ream and ensure proper work distribution;
- Manages and monitors the department’s budget.
- Delivers high profile events;
- Oversees the production of content and where necessary manages specific campaigns and public events such as debates, briefings, seminars, conferences, etc.;
- Ensures that all events are planned, organized and delivered consistently with high professional standards.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the communications strategy;
- Establishes and nurtures relations with the media, the member organisations, the Institutions, the alumni and other key stakeholders;
- Ensures harmonious relationships within and between the relevant department(s);
- Develop policy outreach/communication plans with the relevant departments, and establish rapid-response media and communications procedures.
- At least 10 years experience in a similar position and/or in public affairs or events management (small to large events – 5.000 participants);
- Relevant professional experience working at international level in developing strategic communication;
- Proven experience linking policy work and communication actions;
- Extensive experience with and strong qualities regarding the logistics, the coordination and the marketing of events;
- Extensive professional experience in project management and in coordinating and supervising teams, preferably in a multicultural environment;
- Good understanding of non-profit associations‘ international environment;
- Strong insights in the advocacy work towards EU and international institutions;
- The ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions;
- The ability to inspire, motivate, supervise and guide people;
- A higher education or professional degree in journalism, communication or political science;
- An advanced level in spoken and written English;
- Proficiency in French is a strong asset and any other EU language is appreciated;
- The ability to travel and to work flexible hours if required, including the occasional weekend;
- Willing to live in or relocate to Brussels or the surrounding area.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The European Youth Forum offers a full time (35 hours per week) contract of indefinite duration. The gross monthly salary (for an M3 position according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is 3,825 Euros. A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system: http://recruitment.youthforum.org.
How to apply with the online application system?
- Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details;
- Go to the “private area” and login with your username and password;
- Click on the vacancy and apply;
- Respond to our application questions and upload your CV.
Interviews for this vacancy will be held 22-23 August in Brussels and the successful candidate will be expected to start beginning of September. Due to the high number of applications usually received for European Youth Forum vacancies, only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
The Youth Forum aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
The European Youth Forum aims to ensure that all applicants whether they are EU or non-EU citizens are considered equally. The Forum welcomes all nationalities and is willing to take at its charge any request for work permit.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
We require applicants to inform us about any possible conflict of interest. Please note that in case of being selected working and/or volunteering for member organisations of the European Youth Forum, institutions, political parties and other representative civil society organisations at European level might be incompatible while working at the European Youth Forum.