RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. Headquartered in the US, with offices in Asia, Europe and Latin America, we are seeking a reporter/editor for our Brussels office.
- Produce original news on the EMEA pulp, paper and packaging industry for our market-leading publication PPI Europe and our breaking news web site;
- Price discovery reporting – collect pricing information from buyers and sellers for our leading market indices;
- Produce in-depth market reviews on business and pricing trends based on research and data collection.
Candidates should have at least two years of journalism experience, preferably in the business/financial sector. Experience in reporting on commodities markets and Russian language skills would be advantageous.
- Excellent writing and interviewing skills;
- Analytical skills: ability to analyze market and business conditions and work with statistics;
- Strong networking skills and the ability to gain the trust of contacts;
- Able to juggle multiple deadlines;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Initiative and creative thinking;
- Very strong spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of Russian a distinct advantage. Other EMEA language skills welcome.
The post includes some travel opportunities. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Apply with covering letter
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.