Bird & Bird
The core strategy of Bird & Bird is to be the number one law firm in the world advising organizations being changed by technology or the digital world. Our world-wide Regulatory Consultancy practice is growing rapidly. This is why we wish to strengthen our team in Brussels by hiring a Senior Public Affairs Manager.
Your role will be focused on monitoring, strategic regulatory advice and assistance, outreach and networking in the areas of EU Technology, Communications and Media regulation. You will keep the firm’s global clients abreast of regulatory developments in Brussels, advise them on the impact of these regulations on their business and help them to engage with relevant stakeholders.
You will be a key member of our International Regulatory Consultancy Group and you will be part of the firm’s Technology & Communications Sector Group as well the Media, Entertainment and Sports Sector Group.
You will be based in the firm’s growing Brussels office and will work in close liaison with the firm’s Regulatory Consultancy team in The Hague. You will also be supported by partners with significant regulatory Technology, Communications and Media expertise as well as by our Of Counsel who worked for 30 years in the European Commission where he held various high-ranking positions.
You will also play an important role in the further development of our firm’s US and China initiatives by assisting US and China headquartered corporations in EU regulatory matters.
Your activities will include:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our clients’ business and key trends in their industries;
- Monitor and analyse intelligence on EU regulatory and policy developments that affect our clients’ business;
- Identify opportunities for clients arising from regulatory developments, advise clients on how to best address regulatory challenges and support clients in designing and executing their engagement plans;
- Develop a broad external and internal network to identify regulatory developments at the EU level at an early stage and connect people working on these topics across the firm;
- Report proactively and provide context on regulatory developments and their implications and act as a key contact for clients and colleagues across the firm for any information on current and upcoming regulation.
- At least 10 years of regulatory experience either in-house or in an external regulatory advisory role on an international level;
- A relevant university degree, such as a master in law, in economy, or in public affairs;
- Knowledge of the Technology, Communications and Media industry, its business requirements and key regulatory issues;
- Solid understanding of policy developments and the impact of regulatory developments in these industries and how these can be influenced;
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients and a network with contacts and influencers in the EU institutions and other stakeholders;
- Able to cooperate effectively with colleagues in the Brussels office, members of the international regulatory group and members of other relevant practice groups;
- Strong drive for business development activities and experience in digital communication;
- Strong analytical skills and capacity to identify key issues;
- Capable of providing clear, precise, practical and strategic advice;
- Comfortable managing complex matters independently in a dynamic, fast-moving environment;
- Excellent command of English; knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
Submitting your application
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application with a CV and cover letter.
If you have any questions, please contact our HR manager Anneke Vermeir on 02 282 60 57.
About Bird & Bird
Technology has revolutionised the way the world communicates. The legal and commercial implications are complex and evolving rapidly. Bird & Bird has built a strong reputation of providing sophisticated, creative and pragmatic advice to companies carving our digital future. We have been at the forefront of legal developments in the Technology & Communications sector for many decades, and have outstanding expertise in advising on matters ranging from smaller innovative projects to some of the largest, most complex and ground-breaking transactions and disputes of recent years.
We have one of the leading regulatory practices and have been ranked in Tier 1 for Europe-wide Regulatory TMT by Chambers for the past three years. Our regulatory teams across Europe and Asia Pacific are capable of handling complex national and multi-jurisdictional regulatory projects and work together seamlessly across borders.
We have over 1,200 lawyers in 28 offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, as well as close ties with firms in other parts of the world. In mid 2018 we will open a representative office in the USA. If you want to find out more, please visit www.twobirds.com.
Thriving TMT regulatory practice acting out of a number of highly regarded offices across Europe.
Advises on cutting-edge regulatory issues in various fields including cloud computing, data security and space law. “What they add compared to other firms is their market knowledge, in addition to truly seamless international advice”.
Europe-wide Regulatory TMT – Chambers Europe 2017.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org