The forum and the voice of the European chemical industry
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is both the forum and voice of the European chemical industry. It aims to maintain and develop a prosperous chemical industry in Europe by promoting the best possible economic, social and environmental conditions to bring benefits to society.
Cefic is located in Brussels (Auderghem) and employs more than 150 people.
For its Public Affairs department, Cefic is looking for a (m/f): (Social-) Media Relations Manager.
The media relations manager will be part of the communications team, reporting to the Director of Communications.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Lead Cefic’s media relations programme, including strategy, planning and implementation;
- Ensure press activities align with overall communication efforts;
- Work with experts to ensure messaging can be understood by journalists and their readers within the European policy sphere;
- Develop, coordinate and (co-)write high quality media outputs, including press releases, op-eds, fact sheets and briefing notes;
- Effectively orchestrate face-to-face press activity such as interviews and press conferences and briefings;
- Effectively work with experts and communicators from Cefic, chemical companies and national associations to manage the news section of the Cefic website;
- Develop and manage social media plans, expand Cefic’s visibility on social media;
- Maintain a good working relationship with key journalists.
Can you make the difference?
Our ideal candidate has the following competencies:
- Master degree (communications, journalism) with an interest in sciences and the chemical industry;
- Passionate about media relations with a strong news instinct, especially in the context of EU policy;
- A track record of transforming technical topics into easier-to-read stories;
- Excellent level of English (both spoken and written);
- Working knowledge of web content management systems and related internet tools; keen interest and experience in social media, especially Twitter;
- Able to thrive in organisational complexity;
- A team-player who can work independently, always seeking the best ways to communicate Cefic positions;
- Excelling at using best judgement, especially within a high-paced environment;
- Experience in working in an association is an asset.
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae before August 11, 2017 to Cefic, Katleen Raes, Executive Assistant PA, Avenue E. Van Nieuwenhuyse 4, B-1160 Brussels. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.