A day of action and strike is taking place today, Thursday in the federal health care sector. In Brussels, all private hospitals are concerned. Disturbances are expected due to the strike.
The action began since early in the morning. The workers are mainly gathered in the halls or at the entrance of the hospitals. However, a list of doctors and nurses are still readily available to perform certain services.
The 5 public hospitals in the capital region are not on strike, namely CHU Brugmann, Queen Fabiola Children’s University Hospital, CHU Saint-Pierre, Institut Jules Bordet and Iris Sud hospitals.
The interactive map shows all the hospitals concerned:
- Clinique Ste-Anne/St-Rémi
- Hôpital Erasme – Cliniques universitaires de Bruxelles
- Centre de traumatologie et de réadaptation CHU Brugmann
- CRG Centre de revalidation gériatrique
- Cliniques de l’Europe de Bruxelles
- Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc
- Clinique Sans Souci
- Clinique Saint-Jean
- CHU Saint-Pierre de Bruxelles
- Centre hospitalier Jean Titeca
- Clinique Sanatia a.s.b.l