The main exhibition of the Brussels Street Photography Festival will open in Muntpunton Friday, October 5 2018 from 7pm. Entrance is free.
The Brussels Street Photography Festival (BSPF) is a cultural project whose objective is to promote street photography as an urban research tool, a form of cultural communication and a visual art. Inspired by Brussels’ urban landscape, the main ambition is to provide an international platform that looks at Brussels through the fresh eyes of its citizens and engaged photographers.
The program is organized around two photography contests where the best images submitted will be displayed on an open exhibition in Brussels. The exhibition will be followed by cultural activities that include lectures, workshops, round-tables, photo walks and photo feedback – bringing together knowledgeable photographers and photography enthusiasts.
The festival will open on Friday, October 5, 2018 from 5pm in Muntpunt, Brussels. Entrance is for free.
FOUR DIFFERENT EXHIBITIONS AROUND BRUSSELS
- The main/finalist exhibition of the BSPF will showcase the work of the finalists for the two main contests: Singles and Series. The exhibition will be open from Saturday, September 29 until Saturday, October 13, 2018 in Muntpunt.
- True Colors exhibition, a curated selection of photographs from Brussels, will showcase pictures submitted to previous contests and activities organized by the BSPF from Thursday, October 4 until Wednesday, October 31, 2018 in Maison des Cultures de Molenbeek.
- The InQuadra exhibition will showcase a curated selection of photographs from the international photography collective InQuadra from Saturday, September 29 until Monday, October 29, 2018 in Hotel NH Brussels Bloom.
- Brussels in motion exhibition, showcasing the work of the finalists for the Brussels in motion contest organized in partnership with The Photo Academy from Saturday, September 15 until Monday, October 15, 2018 in The Photo Academy, Brussels
RICH PROGRAM OF ACTIVITIES
The program of the BSPF looks to explore street photography around different cultural events such as exhibitions, projections, talks, discussion panels, photo walks, photo feedback, workshops and parties. All main activities are open to all public and for free. Photo walks and photo feedback require RSVP. Workshops require a fee and RSVP. Please notice that all activities will be in English unless otherwise stated.
– 3-day MAPS Images intensive workshop, from Wednesday, October 3 until Friday, October 5, 2018.
– 3-day street photography workshop with Matt Stuart, from Wednesday, October 3 until Friday, October 5, 2018.
– Initiation to street photography by The Photo Academy. In English, French or Dutch. Saturday, October 6 or Sunday, October 7 for 3 hours and a half.
More information and registration: https://www.bspfestival.org/en/workshops/
Guests for the third edition are: Carl De Keyzer (Magnum Photos), Nick Hannes, Chiquinquira Garcia (MAPS Images), Cédric Gerbehaye (MAPS Images), Dominic Nahr (MAPS Images), Fabienne Pavia, Barbara Stauss, Matt Stuart (MAPS Images), Gaël Turine (MAPS Images), Clément Huylenbroeck (The Photo Academy), Guille Ibanez (Observe), Kristina Koroleva, Alex Liverani (InQuadra), Diego Luna Quintanilla (Brussels Newsroom), Sedaile Mejias (Brussels Newsroom), María Moldes and Kevin Scarlett (RAW7).
Guests for the BSPF: https://www.bspfestival.org/en/guests/
CURATION AND PARTNERS
The BSPF is a project by Cakri, a cultural association based in Brussels whose objective is to enrich the urban landscape with cultural projects. The BSPF is curated by the Brussels Newsroom and WorldSP.co. Our team of enthusiastic supporters – who have trusted the BSPF and have a will to improve the image of Brussels: Brussels Newsroom, WorldSP.co, City of Brussels, Visit Brussels, Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles, Muntpunt, Muntpunt Grand Café, Maison des Cultures et de la Cohésion Sociale de Molenbeek, Hotel NH Bloom Brussels, MAPS, The Photo Academy and Laboriver.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- What: Brussels Street Photography Festival (BSPF). A festival with photo contests, workshops,
exhibitions, lectures, photo walks, photo feedbacks and more.
- When: 5-6-7 October 2018 (Nuit Blanche to happen on Saturday, October 6, 2018).
- Where: Several locations in Brussels: Muntpunt, Maison des Cultures de Molenbeek, Hotel NH
Brussels Bloom and The Photo Academy
- For more information, please visit: www.bspfestival.org
- Or check out the Facebook page.