The project of the renovation and beautification of the city centre is now in the phase of the final works for the Place de Brouckère and a part of the Boulevard Anspach.
Schedule of the works
- Between the Rue Grétry and the Rue du Fossé aux Loups: the final works have started in September 2017.
- The end of the works is expected by mid-2018.
Place de Brouckère
- The gas, water and telecom works have been completed. The works are currently underway with regard to the waterproofing of the zone. These works are part of the renovation of the De Brouckère metro station.
- The final construction works will start on 27 November 2017.
- The completion of the new footpath and the road on the side of the UGC cinema is scheduled for mid-2018.
- In the first phase, the pavement, the street furniture and the road are removed at the side of the UGC cinema.
No works will take place during the construction industry holiday at the end of the year, from 23 December 2017 to 7 January 2018.
Mobility during the works
Since November 27 2017, the driving directions at the Place de Brouckère will be temporarily modified:
- the traffic coming from the Boulevard Emile Jacqmain will be diverted to the lane on the side of the Metropole Hotel (this will become a one-way street, as a result of which it is no longer possible to turn right for traffic coming from the Rue du Fossé aux loups)
- the Rue des Hirondelles, the Rue Vander Elst and the Alhambra parking are still accessible
- the lane on the side of the Metropole Hotel: bicycle traffic is allowed in both directions
- loading and unloading zones are on both sides of the square
- the passage for buses remains unchanged
- the premetro and metro continue to work normally but the entrance to the station on the side of the UGC is closed
- the passage for pedestrians is guaranteed during the entire duration of the works (businesses and offices remain accessible via walkways)