This Thursday 29 March, at the visit.brussels Awards Ceremony & Networking Night, prizes were awarded to nine of Brussels’ cultural and tourism initiatives that stood out in 2017. Once the public had cast their votes, it was up to a jury of tourism experts to select the projects that have helped to boost Brussels’ reputation in 2017 in their various domains.
Brussels is full of people and institutions who work hard on a daily basis and launch bold initiatives to make the European capital more appealing worldwide. The 2018 visit.brussels Awards were bestowed on the projects that have done the most to put Brussels on the map over the past year and to encourage their efforts.
The event took place at the ADAM Museum, which is dedicated to 20th century art and design. After the audience had narrowed down 68 projects to just three finalists in each category, a jury of professionals from the Brussels tourism sector announced the winners in each of the 9 visit.brussels Awards categories.
Here are the nine winners of the 2018 visit.brussels Awards:
- EVENING EXPERIENCE 2017: Brussels Electronic Marathon 2017
- MOST NOTED EXHIBITION 2017: BRUSSELS IS A PLAIZIER
- INTERNATIONAL EVENT 2017: Art Brussels
- BEST GASTRONOMIC CONCEPT 2017: Le Local
- NEW EVENT & TOURISTIC LOCATION 2017: La Tricoterie – Fabrique de Liens
- HOTEL NEWCOMER 2017: Sleep Well Youth Hostel
- PUBLIC INITIATIVE 2017: Kiosks in the parks
- UNEXPECTED & ORIGINAL CONCEPT 2017: Brussels From Above
- INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS & FAIR 2017: BIF-Market 2017