Starting today and ending on 4 March 2018, the public can vote for the visit.brussels Awards. Everyone is now invited to take part in selecting the best three tourist initiatives in Brussels in each category for 2017 from among 63 nominees.
Once the three finalists in each category have been announced, a jury of professionals from the Brussels tourist scene will select the winners of the 2018 awards. To help them make this sometimes difficult choice, the jury will pay special attention to the impact made by the candidates on tourism in Brussels, their international influence, originality, sustainability and accessibility for people with reduced mobility.
The winners will be announced and receive their awards at the visit.brussels Awards & Networking Night on 29 March 2018.
- EVENING EXPERIENCE 2017: Concept that contributes to the richness of evenings in Brussels.
- MOST NOTED EXHIBITION 2017: Major exhibition that enhances the cultural and tourist prestige of Brussels.
- INTERNATIONAL EVENT 2017: Major event or international show organised in Brussels for the general public.
- BEST GASTRONOMIC CONCEPT 2017: Gastronomic activity, event or concept that enriches Brussels’ tourist offering.
- NEW EVENT & TOURIST LOCATION 2017: Opening or renovation of a location that is vital for Brussels’s image as a place for tourism and events.
- HOTEL NEWCOMER 2017: New concept, innovation or renovation in the Brussels hotel world.
- PUBLIC INITIATIVE 2017: Initiative by a public stakeholder or similar (parastatal companies, one of the 19 communes, regional agencies, etc.) that has contributed to the promotion of tourism in Brussels-Capital.
- UNEXPECTED & ORIGINAL CONCEPT 2017: Innovative, original project contributing to the tourist image of Brussels, with the concept not fitting into any other category.
Category only voted on by the jury:• INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS & FAIR 2017: Congress or big international event organised in Brussels for professionals.