Heysel will host the Brussels festivities for the 2018 New Year’s Eve starting on 10:30 pm until 1:00am.
This is also the occasion to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Atomium and Expo 58. More than 50,000 persons are expected. Spectators are allowed to watch the show from the Esplanade of the Atomium.
- 22h30. Dancing to timeless classics and the hits of the past year
- 23h. Show in the air
- 23h40. Music and countdown to 2018
- Midnight. Fireworks show (17 minutes)
Free public transport during New Year’s Eve
Brussels citizens will be able to celebrate their 2018 réveillon without worrying about the return trip: metros, trams and buses of the Brussels public transport company will be free and the network will be strengthened on New Year’s Eve.
In order to facilitate everyone’s movements during New Year’s Eve, STIB will extend and reinforce many of its lines. This concerns the 4 subway lines, 9 tram lines and the 11 Noctis bus lines. The metro and tram lines will have their frequencies strengthened and their hours extended until 2am. From 8 pm the metro line 2 will also be extended to Heysel in order to bring travelers to the esplanade of the Atomium, where they can witness the fireworks. Noctis buses will run from midnight to 5am.
- For security reasons, the King Baudouin station will be closed from 7:00pm on December 31 until 8:00am on January 1, 2018.
- The terminus of tram 7 Heysel will also be inaccessible from 7:00pm on December 31 until the end of the service.
- Buses 84 and 88 will be limited to Palfijn from 19h and buses from the Noctis N18 line will not serve the Heysel terminus.
Looking forward to celebrate New Years Eve in Brussels⁉️ 🥂 📷 E. Danhier #BrusselsExpress #welovebrussels #Brussels #Bruxelles #Brussel #Belgium #Belgie #Belgique #photography #visitbrussels #bxlove #brüssel #bruxelas #seemybrussels #bxlmabelle #Brisel #Bruksela #Bruselas #brusel #Bryssel #Brüksel #picoftheday #instamood #pictures #topbrusselsphoto #topbelgiumphoto #newyearseve #2017 #2018