On Sunday 17 September 2017, Brussels organizes its traditional Car Free Sunday. From 9:30 am till 7 pm, car traffic is not allowed in the Brussels Region, including the City of Brussels. The ban applies to all motorized vehicles (including LPG vehicles and electric vehicles with 2, 3 or 4 wheels).
- Only urgent services, vehicles of public interest and persons with a pass can circulate in the zones where car traffic is forbidden.
- The ring of Brussels will be open to traffic. Only the exits to reach the territory of the Region will be closed.
Who may ride on Sunday 17 September?
Are authorized to circulate on the condition of respecting the limit of 30 kph:
- vehicles of public transport ( STIB, TEC, De Lijn)
- vehicles of emergency services
- vehicles of public interest
- press vehicles (with sign)
- vehicles of minibus type (8 + 1 places) bearing the initials HORECA
- disabled provided with the special card (article 27.4.3 d of the royal Order of December 1st, 1975 concerning general regulation of the road traffic police)
- vehicles with a license plate CD (diplomatic corps)
- people with a pass delivered by the authorities
A pass can be delivered to persons who make the demand (until 13 September 2017 at 3 pm). Attention, this demand of dispensation must be duly motivated.