Breakfast is important guys, and a hangover brunch even more so. If you have a really bad hangover on a Sunday morning, just call a friend and tell them to prepare the following:
Fried egg-toast with smoked salmon and homemade Hollandaise sauce.
Ingredients (For two):
- 2 pieces of toasted sourdough bread
- 70g smoked salmon
- 2 fried eggs
- A piece of a Granny Smith, cut into fine stripes
- Sea salt flakes, freshly ground Malabar pepper, some olive oil
For the hollandaise:
- 2 egg yolks
- A pinch of salt
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 125g of butter, melted
- Some of salt, freshly ground pepper, some lemon juice
1. For the hollandaise you have to whisk the egg yolk together with salt and vinegar in a bain-marie until thickened and light yellow.
2. Gradually add melted butter and keep whisking until thickened and combined. Season with salt, pepper and some fresh lemon juice.
3. Arrange the pieces of bread on two plates, drizzle with olive oil, put the salmon on top, then the egg, a few spoons of hollandaise, the apple pieces and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.