As the winter darkness retreats and the country slowly welcomes spring, it’s only natural that our palette changes to match the coming of seasons.
Luckily, The London Restaurant concocted a new variation of an old classic, and is here to help you welcome in the warm weather. The gin and apple cherry tonic.
Ok, so this drink deliberately omits the tonic to add a spirited twist to the beverage, but it’s a worthy trade that creates a new take on an old classic.
Preparation: Serves one thirsty friend.
- 5cl of Gin
- 4cl Apple cherry
- 2 Limes
- Crushed ice
- Fresh raspberries
- Oven cooked oranges
- Cocktail shaker
1. Shake the crushed ice in the cocktail shaker in order to separate the small pieces of ice from each other into a fluid pile. Pour into the glass until over 1/2 full.
2. Place four raspberries amongst the ice in the glass.
3. Squeeze both limes to get 2cl of juice.
4. Measure a 5cl shot of gin and add into the cocktail shaker. Then add 4cl of apple cherry juice, 2cl of fresh lime and a shot of grenadine to neutralise the bitterness of the lime.
5. Shake thoroughly well and pour slowly into the glass, filling the glass with the cocktail just above the ice.
6. Get an oven cooked orange slice and put into the cocktail.
7. Lightly stir with (once or twice round)