A few days before placing wonderful gifts in front of the fireplace, the patron saint of schoolchildren will land at the Port of Brussels. At the invitation of the Brussels-Capital Region, Saint Nicholas will be met by hundreds of Brussels schoolchildren.
Around a thousand children aged between five and eight, accompanied by their teachers, will have a warm welcome for the patron saint of schoolchildren. The party will be in full swing from early in the morning. On the programme: entertainment, music and hot drinks.After the Great Saint lands at the port, Minister-President Rudi Vervoort, a band and a throng of enthusiastic children will give him the warmest of welcomes.
St. Nicholas’ boat will land at Beco quay. The Great Saint will then go to Quay01 to welcome several groups of children and share a special moment with them in his “Throne Room”. They will go back home with some wonderful surprises.
The activity has been suggested to all schools in the Brussels-Capital Region. As happens every year, great numbers of them wanted to take part. A total of 18 schools in Brussels will take part in the event.
Good to know:
- Date: 30 November
- Program: 09:30 a.m.: Welcome speech to the children
- 10:00 a.m.: Arrival of Saint Nicholas
- 10:00 to 10:15 a.m.: Welcome speech for the Great Saint from Minister President Rudi Vervoort
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Meeting with Saint Nicholas for children aged between 5 and 8
- 12:30 p.m.: Departure of Saint Nicholas
- Venue: Quai Béco – 1000 Brussels
- Attendance confirmation via email to: email@example.com