For the Pancake
3 eggs (size L)
160 ml milk
100 g flour
1 level tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp. cold butter
For the apples:
1 apple, washed, pitted, divided into eights
1 handful almonds, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1. Put pan in the oven and preheat to 220°C.
2. Beat eggs in a bowl. Mix flour, cinnamon and salt and mix it into the egg batter, alternating with the milk. Set aside.
3. Put almonds in the sauce pan and roast them for a little while. Add apples, sugar and maple syrup and stir on medium heat until sugar has dissolved and everything has thickened. Lower temperature and keep that way until apples have become soft, but are not falling apart yet.
4. As soon as the oven is preheated, carefully remove the skillet and equally spread the butter until melted. Mix the batter once again; pour batter into the skillet and return immediately into oven. Bake for 20 minutes (might be a bit shorter, depending on whether the edges brown too quickly).
The dough will rise after around 10 minutes and then fall down again at some point, or when opening the oven. So don’t be surprised!
5. Turn out the oven, open the door and wait a bit. Then remove skillet from the oven, place apples in the middle and serve immediately.