Do you need help to complete your tax return?

Its that time of year again where you need to collect your receipts, tally up your numbers and indeed, fill in your tax return. The situation can be a bit of an ordeal, but fortunately, there is help available.

Photo by Helloquence on Unsplash

A service provided by the Federal Public Service Finance is available in the City of Brussels. Head on down with your ID card to the Palais du Midi from May 22 to June 28, in May and June at the FPS Finance Tower. Help is provided by an agent to fill in your tax return.

A new scheme was launched where a large number of pensioners, the unemployed or people on sickness or disability benefits will no longer receive tax returns but have a simplified declaration.

That declaration contains information which the administration already has on you and is used to calculate the taxes. If you agree with the proposal, you don’t need to fill any document; just wait and you will receive the amount or be charged.

Good to know:

  • Tax-on-web allows to fill in the form online and offers many advantages such as direct aid for the hand-written part and an estimated amount of your taxes. If you wish to make changes, then you should write to your tax service or make changes via Tax-on-web.